Welcome to Alliance University’s Residence Life!
Whether you are just starting your education at Alliance University, transferring from another school, or returning to continue your education, we can’t wait for you to join us on campus. Our goal is to cultivate a welcoming and supportive environment for our students to achieve their goals and aspirations while enjoying their time here. We offer a variety of programs for students to get involved in and connect with other students on campus. From social events to athletic events, we are confident you will make the most of your campus experience.
The Student Experience
As a part of the exciting metropolitan experience, students have a short commute from our Jersey City residence to our Manhattan campus. Join us for a virtual ride to see what it’s like to be an Alliance University student!
Living On Campus
Our residential space, “The Bay,” is located in Jersey City’s historic Powerhouse Arts District, on the waterfront of the Hudson River overlooking the scenic NYC skyline. Located just a short commute from our Manhattan campus, our spacious dorm suites offer students apartment-style living, a state-of-the-art fitness center, student lounges, computer rooms, and an on-site food court-style cafe. Students living in The Bay also have the convenience of being within walking distance of several stores, restaurants, parks, and other activities in downtown Jersey City. When living on-campus, students can expect Alliance University to truly be a home away from home.
Alliance University partners with Pioneer College Caterers to offer a rotating menu with a variety of options that will suit any student’s taste or dietary preferences. For students living at The Bay, The Eatery is an on-site food court-style cafe that offers a wide variety of made-to-order options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Click the link below for more information on your food program, menu, and services.Visit Pioneer’s AU page
Room Selection Process
The goal of the room selection process is to honor your old friendships and provide opportunities for you to make new ones! Before proceeding to the Housing Application, please read the information below to know what to expect when submitting your application and selecting your room.
- On your application, each student has the option to request roommates. All units will have a total of 6 people residing in a unit. If you do not have 5 other roommates, we will place more roommates in your unit with consideration of your roommate preferences. Please answer the roommate preferences as honestly as possible.
- If the requested roommates have not applied or are not cleared, the Residence Life Office will hold their place until July 1, at which time the University may place other students in the room.
- Read and agree to the Housing Terms and Conditions and complete the Public Health Agreement before proceeding to the Housing Application.
- Your application will be considered once we receive your Tuition Deposit.
Here’s what students are saying about living in The Bay!
“The location of The Bay is so incredibly convenient! It’s a 4 minute walk to the PATH train, a 5 minute walk to a grocery store, and 5 minutes away from restaurants, shopping, coffee shops, restaurants and more. You’ll never be bored living at The Bay.”
“Unlike other campuses, everything is in the same building. The cafeteria, gym, athletic training facilities, and even the students are all located at The Bay. Everything is easily accessible, even on cold or rainy days.”
“The Bay is more modern compared to many other campuses. Each room has its own air conditioning, bathrooms, full-sized refrigerators, along with nice furniture. It’s easy to make your dorm feel like home.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of living on-campus?
By living on-campus, students have the opportunity to live and grow in a community with other people who share similar interests and values. Sharing space with roommates is an excellent way to make friends and create long-lasting relationships. Additionally, living on-campus offers students the opportunity to take part in various events that enrich their residential life experience and help them develop the skills they need to succeed personally and professionally.
What is the cost for Room and Board?
Jersey City Residence:
Standard Room: $7,750.00 per semester
The Room and Board rate includes 19 meals per week. Monday through Friday (15 meals): breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Saturday and Sunday (4 meals): brunch and dinner.
Are laundry facilities provided?
Card-operated washing machines and dryers are available on each floor in the Jersey City Residence. Students will be given a laundry card during Freshman Orientation. Students can re-fill their cards using their debit/credit cards or cash located in each laundry room.
What amenities are available at The Bay?
- Study lounge with computers
- WiFi throughout the building
- Private bathrooms
- Kitchenettes equipped with refrigerator and microwave
- Student furniture for each person: bed, desk, chair, dresser, and wardrobe
- Laundry room on each floor
- Access to the Fitness Center
- Vending machines
- The Eatery – A food court-style dining experience
What should I pack?
- Bedding (blanket, pillow, XL twin sheets)
- Power strip/surge protector (extension cords without surge protection are not allowed)
- Laundry detergent
- Laundry bag
- Desk lamp
- School supplies (i.e. pens, paper, calendar, etc.)
- Eating utensils (i.e. flatware, mug, bowl, plates)
- Weather-appropriate clothing and outerwear
- Prescriptions and medications
- TV/DVD player
Note: You will want to coordinate with roommates on items such as cleaning supplies, irons, ironing boards, televisions, stereos, room decorations, shower curtains, bath mats, paper towels, and toilet paper.
What should I leave at home?
- String lights (i.e. Christmas lights)
- Refrigerators (these are provided in every room)
- Electric blankets
- Plug-in air fresheners
For a complete list, please see read here.
What is the AU Bed Bug Policy?
We are committed to an effective and efficient response to the bed bug issue. A coordinated effort between the Departments will provide education, communication, investigation, guidance, and ongoing support.
To view Alliance University’s Bed Bug Policy including tips to avoid bed bugs and symptoms and signs, please view here.