Alliance University values our STEMS (science, technology, engineering, math, and statistics) programs. Each one is designed to give our students the necessary foundation for a career or further study in STEMS.
Biology is the study of life, and Alliance University’s pre-med Biology majors have the opportunity to dissect and contribute to the vast body of scientific knowledge as they study and understand this ever-changing field.
Why Study Biology with a Pre-Med Concentration at Alliance University?
Alliance University offers its students numerous opportunities to work closely with faculty who serve as mentors. Our program provides a solid foundation in the biological sciences and prepares students with both technical skills as well as communication skills. Pre-med biology students at Alliance University have access to the following:
- Small classes with a focus on active learning to develop critical thinking skills
- Authentic research opportunities beginning freshman year
- Cutting-edge laboratory research
- Emerging technology
Small Class Sizes
Cutting-Edge Lab Research
What Will I Study?
Our program provides a broad curriculum for students covering all aspects of life from molecular biology and genetics to ecology. Students have the opportunity to discover, name, and characterize new organisms through a cohesive laboratory research program. This work is presented at local, regional, and/or national conferences with opportunities to publish in research journals.
Students that complete the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core principles of the life sciences.
- Think critically and apply the scientific method to design, analyze, and evaluate research.
- Read biological literature, write proficiently, and communicate effectively using appropriate scientific terminology.
- Develop the technical skills to be competent in the laboratory.
- Be prepared for entry-level careers or medical school.
A degree in Biology with a pre-medicine concentration provides diverse career opportunities for students, varying from preparation for medical school and health profession programs to private sector jobs and jobs in various governmental agencies. Here are a few examples:
- Health professions
- Lab technician
- Science education
- Scientific research
- Technical sales
“The professors at Alliance University possess great subject knowledge and research experience, and bring that to the classroom to produce a great learning environment. In addition, they all find ways to incorporate their faith into their classes. Studying at Alliance University has really helped me to see that I can pursue my dream career and harmonize new research with my Christian faith.”
Class of 2016