The Master of Social Work (MSW) program at Alliance University combines a Christian foundation with rigorous academic study in order to prepare students for a profession in social work that is marked by competence, compassion, and integrity. Our graduates are capable leaders ready to help improve the well-being of others and to promote just and caring communities whether locally, nationally, or abroad.
The Master of Social Work program at Alliance University offers the following benefits:
- A diverse community
- A local network of organizations and leaders to learn from and connect with
- Professional development colloquiums, seminars, and workshops
- The integration of the Christian faith into the practice of social work
At a Glance
Standard Completion Time
Why Study Social Work at Alliance University?
We are a Christian based college MSW graduate program in NYC. Our students benefit from:
- Marketable, competent and ethical professional integration of Christian faith into social work practice.
- Collaboration within the city through our diverse community, in addition to professional development colloquiums, seminars, and workshops.
- A network of faith-based organizations and leaders to learn from and connect with in the city.
Learn Compassionate Leadership
Collaborate With Peers
About the Degree
What Will I Study?
Students complete the MSW program in either 2 years full-time or 3-4 year part-time.
Advanced Standing is an accelerated program option for qualified BSW graduates. Advanced Standing students complete the MSW program in either 1 year full time or over 2 years part time.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Overall employment of social workers is projected to grow 13 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. Employment growth will vary by specialization.
- Child, Family and School Social Workers
- Medical Social Workers
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
- Community Social Workers
- Management and Administration
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Congregational Settings
- Correctional Services
- Public Policy and Legislative Advocacy
Our MSW Graduate students are taking charge in the vocation of social work and are now employed in:
- Child Welfare/Child Protective Services
- Mental/Behavioral Health or Community Health
- Crisis Interventions/Information & Referral
- Family Services
- Youth Services
- Aging/Gerontological SWK/Adult Protective Services
- Violence/Victim Services
- Health/Medical Care
- Intellectual/Developmental Variances
- Alcohol/Drug or Substance Abuse
- Community Practice
The MSW program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Clinical Social Work Practice
- Leadership in Organizations and Communities