Alliance University’s Bachelor of Science in Childhood Education prepares students for Association of Christian School International (ACSI) certification to teach children between grades 1 – 6. At the conclusion of this program, candidates may apply for NYS initial childhood certification via Individual Evaluation Pathway.
At a Glance
Why Study Christian School Education: Childhood at Alliance University?
AU’s biblically based program is highly regarded by Christian, public, charter and private schools for the quality of its graduates with regards to their intellect, pedagogy and dispositions. In addition, our program:
- Leads to Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) certification
- Enables the candidate to apply for NYS initial certification via the Individual Evaluation Pathway after meeting additional certification requirements.
- Offers a Christian-Centric study of education for grades 1 – 6.
- Strongly emphasizes diverse and inclusive clinical experiences
- Offers overseas student teaching options.
- Offers Global Service-Learning opportunities
- Is taught by highly qualified and experienced Christian faculty
Our Strong Legacy
In addition to being prepared to work in the typical classroom context, graduates of this program will develop valuable twenty-first century skills such as problem solving, critical thinking, and communication. Media and technology applications are stressed. Other career opportunities include but are not limited to:
- After-school program teacher/coordinator
- Curriculum and program development
- International and domestic ministries
- Mentoring or coaching
- Sales representatives for educational materials
- Teaching/training in grade 1–6 contexts
- Working with youth in agency-based contexts
Our graduates have found career opportunities in the following areas:
- Director of curriculum and instruction, K–12 school
- Director of ESL program
- Elementary classroom teacher
- Enrichment teacher
- Outreach academic coordinator for children’s ministries
- Salvation Army staff
- Staff advisor for robotics club
- Track coach
- ACSI (Association for Christian Schools International)
- Communication and the Arts
“The professors at Alliance University possess great subject knowledge and research experience, and bring that to the classroom to produce a great learning environment. In addition, they all find ways to incorporate their faith into their classes. Studying at Alliance University has really helped me to see that I can pursue my dream career and harmonize new research with my Christian faith.”
Class of 2016