FEB 18 | The Black Church: History, Heart, Hope
February 16, 2022
Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) and Nyack’s Center for Racial Reconciliation are celebrating Black History Month by hosting a virtual event, “The Black Church: History, Heart, Hope” on Friday, February 18, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM. Panelists will feature Nyack/ATS alumni and faculty panelists. Students have been emailed a Zoom link. Alumni and friends are welcome to enjoy the event by visiting Nyack’s Facebook page for the livestream.
• Dr. Nathaniel Perez, Director of Nyack’s Center for Racial Reconciliation
• Pastor Jessica N. Brooks, Associate Pastor Butler Memorial United Methodist Church
• Dr. Cleotha Robertson, ATS Professor of Old Testament
• Dr. Louis DeCaro, ATS Professor of Church History and Theology
• Dr. Charles Galbreath, Associate Dean of ATS and Senior Pastor of Clarendon Road Church
The discussion will be moderated by Constance Diggs, Director of Academic Affairs for ATS and Nyack’s School of Bible and Christian Ministry.
You’ll hear these scholars discuss the most important contributions of the Black church to the Body of Christ; how the Black church can regain credibility with younger generations, what “evangelical” means to the Black church and much more.
Don’t miss this exciting event!
Discover More Articles
A Heartbreaking Farewell: Alliance University Faces Accreditation Withdrawal and Campus Closure
June 30, 2023Read More
David Pletincks: A Heart Fully Committed to Him
June 6, 2023Read More
Alliance Athletics Capture Sportsmanship Awards
May 24, 2023Read More