The Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) is the highest professional degree for those engaged in ministry. The uniqueness of the D.Min. program at Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) is that it is developmental and transformational. By nature, it is multi-cultural, international, and because of our location, uniquely urban, with our current students and graduates representing more than forty countries and culture groups. It is a practical program that seeks to empower leaders to discover the best of what God has created them to be.
At a Glance
Standard Completion Time
Why Study Ministry at ATS?
Our diverse and multi-cultural cohorts provide a rich learning experience for each student.
You’ll also have partnership opportunities with well-known and widely published international practitioners, each representing a unique context. Additionally, as an ATS student you will:
- Gain a deep understanding of your leadership strengths and potential.
- Develop enhanced competencies in social/cultural analysis.
- Gain an advanced understanding of scripture and the Christian tradition in relation to spirituality and leadership.
- Develop a deeper passion for God and ministry in His kingdom.
About the Degree
What Will I Study?
- Reflective integration of scripture, ministry, and a practical theological approach
- Effective transcultural models of leadership development with a focus on what God is doing around the world
- A thorough investigation and in-depth reflection into the soul of the leader
ATS graduates have demonstrated effectiveness as leaders, international workers, bishops, and heads of organizations.
- Association of Theological Schools
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (Institutional Accreditor)
For up-to-date accreditation information, please refer to https://allianceu.edu/about-au/accreditations/
“The program has enabled me to experience a fresh moving of the Holy Spirit in my own life. I am not the same man that I was before. Cityline Church in New Jersey is experiencing a supernatural move of God’s Spirit thanks in part to the impartation that I received at ATS.”
Dr. Joshua Rodriguez
Class of 2016
“This was the best educational experience I have ever had. The classes were phenomenal, and the support I received from my dissertation was invaluable. From start the finish the experience of getting my D.Min. at ATS was transformative.”
Dr. Mike Plunket
Class of 2014
Meet Key Faculty
Dr. Martin Sanders
Director of DMin in Christian Leadership in the Global ContextMartin.Sanders@allianceu.edu
Dr. Ronald Walborn
VP & Dean of ATS and School of Bible and Christian MinistryRonald.Walborn@allianceu.edu
Dr. Robert Reimer
Associate Professor of Pastoral TheologyRobert.Reimer@allianceu.edu